An admirer of finely crafted anything. Will write and design at the right price.



Rule #1 of Photography: Rule of Third


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I'm not sure if it's the #1 rule of photography, but it sure is worth knowing. After all, pictures are the best way to tell a story, or atleast it helps to. It starts at the office. I have a few photographers at the office and they all could take photos. Some of their pictures have depth of field; some managed to capture objects in motion with relative ease with bright and sharp colours/contrast. Amazing effort to produce such results.

But I'm puzzled as to why our photos aren't telling much of a story. It's lifeless. It doesn't make the viewer look twice at it. In short, it's dull. So I starting looking for answers in the effort to help these guys improve their photography. Not knowing what sort question to ask or who to pose it to (I don't have a digital SLR to play with everyday and I'm still a newbie at photography), it slipped in and out of my mind.


Until last weekend. After spending a few hours surfing the net for Photoshop and Illustrator tutorials, I found something no self-respecting photographer or designer should be without: the Rule of Third.

RoT is the archway of flow in design. From the human body (the definition of what we perceive as beautiful), to architecture, to art and even music.

Via thinktanc.


0 Responses to “Rule #1 of Photography: Rule of Third”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


author

previously on transit

archives


ATOM 0.3 - transit feed

Who links to me

Creative Commons License



All posts are for educational and informative purposes. Should any copyright infringement occur, please inform me and I will remove the said contents as soon as humanly possible. Thank you. Powered by lack of talent but made up by passion and Blogger Templates