An admirer of finely crafted anything. Will write and design at the right price.



Download misery and assorted love stories


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I spent the night scouring the net for mp3s and downloaded nothing because I couldn't find anything that was interesting enough to download. That is until found a link for a 320 bitrate, completely ripped Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Couldn't Stand The Weather"; one of his standout efforts. I was "the plane, the plane" ecstatic (note to self: Stop mixing metaphors with midgets). "This is better than sex", I thought. Hell yes, it's that good. That follow up album to "Texas Flood" was a surprise because I thought 'Flood couldn't be bettered. Boy, was I wrong.

If I had to buy this album just to get a single track, it'd be "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)". One of the best versions (I'm tempted to say that it's better than the original version of 'Chile, but that would be blasphemy) I've ever heard. A few
years after SRV's untimely demise, untimely because he was getting better at jazzing up his raw blues, the only guitar player who mastered the song was Kenny Wayne Shepherd. Sends chills up and down your spine just listening to that boy play Voodoo Chile. And if you close your eyes you could *almost* see SRV and Hendrix nodding in agreement that the music world is safe in the hands of the phenom.

If I was the Sultan of Johor or Perak or Pahang, living royally off of the rakyat, I could buy the whole SRV back catalogue and give a royal middle finger to the fat bastard in college who gave away my entire CD collection (that includes a rare "Jimi Hendrix: Blues" CD, easily his finest blues fretboard work) because I had left the house a couple of months before, trying to find work.


Anyway, I'm downloading 'Weather and hopefully it goes well because the first time the RAR archive was corrupted and I lost everything; 6 hours of download down the drain because some fancy pants turned off our proxy at home.
--
Update: Finished downloading 'Weather after 6 hours of waiting (it trickled at 4.1kb/s). But the agony of waiting was further compounded when WINRAR crashed the archive, citing header error. A couple of months ago, the same thing to a Pearl Jam archive. Consequently giving me a headache and leaving me to curse the day on my lonesome. Then I thought, why not install a newer version of WINRAR?. So, off I went googling the software fix, found the latest version on trial basis, installed it and everything is now working again. Man, it's goood. Maybe I'll swing by the record store in Subang Parade or Sg. Wang tomorrow since I'll be going to Lowyat to get a another hard drive.

Next project: Installing the Mac Os X on an X86. If everything goes well, I'll be dual booting and switching between XP & the real McCoy. Done with a few headaches and curses, of course. Heheh.



4 Responses to “Download misery and assorted love stories”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Well done!
    [url=http://ydkpogib.com/mhih/zomx.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://dfhvnxcj.com/ruyp/pwww.html]Cool site[/url]

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Well done!
    [url=http://ydkpogib.com/mhih/zomx.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://dfhvnxcj.com/ruyp/pwww.html]Cool site[/url]

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 
  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Thank you!
    http://ydkpogib.com/mhih/zomx.html | http://oduezkga.com/onfj/qrlw.html

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


author

previously on transit

archives


ATOM 0.3 - transit feed

Who links to me

Creative Commons License



All posts are for educational and informative purposes. Should any copyright infringement occur, please inform me and I will remove the said contents as soon as humanly possible. Thank you. Powered by lack of talent but made up by passion and Blogger Templates