An admirer of finely crafted anything. Will write and design at the right price.



Bad music


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Does the headline sound familiar to you? That's because we're subjected to a similarly primitive, arbitrary, in other words generally mentally incapacitated decision makers.

The report

Embarassing moment for the rakyat

Why the lack of pix for this post? Because no picture would be able to describe what I am feeling after reading those two reports. It's a sad day when the wakil rakyats (elected representatives of the citizens for a designated area) are for a lack of a better term: Political Retards (I prefer, no scratch that, wanted to use 'imbeciles' but, I'm trying to be more..decent).

Which reminds me of a story. A few months ago or was it last year, I don't really remember the exact date but I do remember it well.

A local singer performed the national anthem in a stadium during a soccer final (I think) the best he possibly could, has no other motive than to make it memorable and (hopefully) elevate its status from a lullaby to something along the lines of being socially functional, if you will.

So he adlibs the anthem a little towards the end, the way Hendrix did with the US national anthem at Woodstock (let's be honest, when was the last time you hear our national anthem and it made you stand tall and proud and stoked about contributing positively to this country?) and what did he get?

A cheap rap from some politician claiming he's ruining the song. Clearly, the simian has never had a good time in his life. Has no interest in music. Doesn't understand what music does to people. And probably listens to classical music all the time in his comfortable home. It's well known that most classical music fans aren't even musicians i.e, they don't understand the music at all - are you moved by classical music?

No offence to classical musicians, it's a great way to make a living plying your trade like that, to be honest I envy you but your music doesn't do much beyond it's function as the background music for operas. Not that I'm saying that's bad, I love music. I listen to all kinds of music produced by all kinds of musicians. But classical has never done anything for me. And I suspect it's the same for a lot of other people too.


Back to the simian.

It's these cheapshots that ruins it for the rakyat. For all we know, this rat of a politician will stand to defend his statement making everyone else look bad in the process and he gets his 5 minutes of news report. How do you do that? How do you sleep at night after doing everything with an ulterior motive that would only benefit you and your family and close friends when you're supposed to represent the people's interest?

But don't worry. I'm nowhere near interested in being one of you. I may slave away at my desk day and night for a few bucks an hour, but atleast my conscience is clear. Can you say the same for yourself?


0 Responses to “Bad music”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


author

previously on transit

archives


ATOM 0.3 - transit feed

Who links to me

Creative Commons License



All posts are for educational and informative purposes. Should any copyright infringement occur, please inform me and I will remove the said contents as soon as humanly possible. Thank you. Powered by lack of talent but made up by passion and Blogger Templates